Former White House spokesman Joe Lockhart has been appointed by Facebook as vice president of global communications, according to reports, such as this by the Washington Post:
Lockhart will be located at the company’s Silicon Valley headquarters and report to Elliott Schrage, VP of global communications, marketing and public policy. Marne Levine, DC-based vice president of global policy, also reports to Schrage.
This follows the appointment of Mashable’s former community manager and social media strategist Vadim Lavrusik by Facebook as its new journalist program manager in April.
- Facebook appoints Mashable community manager in new journalism role
- #Tip: Facebook to introduce comment replies and more
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – 11 pointers on Facebook pages
- Max Clifford and Phil Hall to appear before privacy committee
- Facebook advertises for journalist to explain its value to news groups