Following on from yesterday’s tip of the day, which looked at using YouTube’s in-house video editing tool, today’s tip is about accessing creative commons content through the video site.
We often use Creative Commons images on our site, and there is a lot of video under a CC license out there too. It’s often difficult to find exactly what you’re looking for under CC, but the library of content is growing and it’s a valuable resource.
The new CC tab on YouTube allows you to easily search for and attribute content, as well as marking your own content with a CC license.
Tipster: Joel Gunter.
To submit a tip to Journalism.co.uk, use this link – we will pay a fiver for the best ones published.
- TechCrunch: YouTube launches creative commons licence option
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Add Creative Commons Search to your browser
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Editing video using YouTube
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – edit videos in YouTube
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk: Google site search