The Telegraph is is among the first websites to add Twitter’s new ‘follow’ button, which allows users to click and follow reporters or the newspaper’s Twitter account in a single click.
In an announcement on the Twitter blog, the social media giant says:
More than 50 sites have added the follow button today, making it easy for you to discover the Twitter accounts of your favourite reporters, athletes, celebrities, and other personalities. Using the follow button is as simple as a single click. You can also see the profile and latest tweets of the account you want to follow by clicking the username next to the button.
An article on Telegraph.co.uk says:
The Telegraph, the only UK newspaper to partner with Twitter for the launch, has added the new buttons to journalists’ pages, blogs and section pages such as news, sport and technology.
The button is simple to add to news sites and blogs. Click here and copy and paste the embed code.
- Google turns up to social sharing party with +1
- Google +1 button is coming to AdWords – but how useful is it?
- Will your next journalism job application be via LinkedIn’s new button?
- Readers can alert Telegraph to breaking stories with new version of iPhone app
- Twitter limits third-party apps access to your DMs