Google News has made updates to allow users to further personalise the type of news they read.
Readers can now omit sites, choose to read more news from a selected site, increase or decrease the amount of blogs that appear or batch exclude all blogs from their Google News home page at one fell swoop.
Both blogs and news sites need to check how they are categorised by Google News. Just because you do not describe your site as a blog, doesn’t mean that Google News hasn’t listed you as one.
It is not clear how news sites can have their blog status removed but this form will allow your to flag it up with Google News
Hat tip: Search Engine Land
- Google News US launches ‘standout’ tag so news sites can highlight top content
- Mediating Conflict: Looking at the media ‘stealing’ stories from blogs
- The Register: Dutch news portal sued over Google page summary
- Accessibility 2.0: The Sun and The Times
- Google Public Policy Blog: Google’s open manifesto – what does it mean for publishers?