The Guardian reports this morning that some journalists on BBC programmes including Newsnight, Panorama and Radio 4′s Today programme could be replaced by a “pooled system of journalists”.
According to the Guardian’s report the possible idea was outlined to staff on Tuesday by BBC News director Helen Boaden.
The change would affect the news programmes department within BBC News, which is separate from the main newsgathering operation providing stories for the TV and radio bulletins.
In a statement the BBC said it was “not going to get drawn into a running commentary”.
No decisions have been taken and therefore these claims remain speculation. Any decisions coming out of the process would be subject to approval by the BBC Trust.
- BBC creates 12 new regional broadcast roles as part of new local news plans
- Delayed Kindle edition for Herald set to launch soon
- FT.com: BBC review confirms plans to cut website and digital stations
- Media Week: H Bauer and Bauer Media in joint bid for BBC magazines
- Diane Coyle ‘preferred candidate’ for vice chairman of the BBC Trust