In a release published by the trust today, it confirmed that a new strategy was approved for BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the broadcaster, in March.
This follows an 18 month-long review of the BBC’s commercial activities, setting out changes to the future remit of BBC Worldwide.
The BBC Executive’s strategy for BBC Worldwide is now to develop a more integrated and ‘balanced’ internationally-focused portfolio that, within the agreed parameters, balances the need for growth with acceptable levels of risk. BBC Worldwide should also seek to invest in growth businesses which offer new rights monetisation opportunities.
- BBC Trust responds to MPs’ accusations over commercial expansion
- Diane Coyle ‘preferred candidate’ for vice chairman of the BBC Trust
- Express Newspapers staff vote for strike action
- Where do news agencies fit into the online advertising model?
- Release: Guardian promotes Tanya Cordrey to ‘new executive role of chief digital officer’