The Media Guardian reports that News Corporation’s iPad newspaper the Daily will be available in the UK within months, following comments by News Corporation’s chief digital officer Jon Miller at the Abu Dhabi Media Summit.
The arrival of the Daily in the UK will depend on when Apple’s new online subscription model becomes available in this country, the report adds.
The chief digital officer of Murdoch’s News Corporation, Jon Miller, told the Abu Dhabi Media Summit that the Daily would be available in western Europe “not too long from now”. When asked if that would be in the first half of this year, he answered yes.
- Peston: BSkyB board to decide on Murdoch stand-down by end of week
- Media moves: Telegraph gets Mike Seery; Guardian appoints new CFO
- Telegraph: Blocking Sky bid may jeopardise News Corp UK investment, warns James Murdoch
- paidContent: News Corp’s ‘iPad paper’ the Daily to launch on 2 Feb
- MediaGuardian: Les Hinton stands by past phone hacking evidence