Al Jazeera has launched a Twitter dashboard of the Arab uprisings to show what is being tweeted about and where.
One section shows the daily total of tweets mentioning hashtags for Libya, Bahrain, Yemen and Egypt and the average number of tweets per minute. These are also shown in a graph.
Another graphic shows the hashtag distribution for each country getting the most attention in the Twittersphere. Hashtags for Libya include various spellings of Libya and Gaddafi, plus #feb17
A Twitter feed is also included.
- How to: Track a conversation in Twitter
- TwitterJournalism: Reasons to use #hashtags in your tweets
- Tool of the week for journalists – Trendsmap, for tracking conversations in your area
- Tool of the week for journalists – Topsy, real-time search for the social web
- #soe08 Live Twittering from the Society of Editors conference in Bristol