TechCrunch reports today that Demand Media has bought CoverItLive for an undisclosed sum. The liveblogging tool was founded in Toronto, Canada in 2007 with funding of $1 million.
Demand Media has originally made a strategic investment in CoverItLive back in 2009, acquiring a minority interest in the startup. With today’s acquisition, CoverItLive will become a platform within Demand Media’s portfolio of social “solutions”.
- TechCrunch: HuffPo buys Adaptive Semantics to aid moderation of 100,000 comments a day
- Journalism Daily: 3am.co.uk launch, MSNBC and EveryBlock, Bauer Radio’s new deal
- Why news sites should consider adding the LinkedIn share button
- Social media bar for WordPress acquired by sharing tool Buffer
- Media release: FT acquires Medley Global Advisors