There are six award categories in total – breaking news, compelling imagery, commentary, interviewing, original reporting and personal stories.
Our producers looked at hundreds of iReports to find the most amazing stories, and then we worked with our friends at CNN, CNN International and CNN.com to choose the five nominees in each category. It was a tough job, with hours spent agonizing over the lists. Picking the winners will be even tougher, so we’ve recruited a talented group of judges to make the final call.
Visitors to the site can also vote for the winner of a separate Community Choice Award until 7 March. The winners will be announced in March.
- Webby success for FT.com and BBC News
- Awards round-up: Index on Censorship winners; Mind Journalism Awards; Paul Foot nominations call
- Fifth International Photography Award open for entries
- First annual Vimeo Awards offer $25,000 grant to overall winner
- Hubdub’s news pundit winners: who got it most right and most wrong?