A decline in print advertising at specialist leisure publisher Future has been more than compensated by strong growth in digital, the group announced today.
Print ad income fell 10 per cent year on year in the last quarter of 2010, but digital grew by 25 per cent over the same period.
Online now makes up a third of Future’s total advertising revenue and the company said income from digital magazine subscriptions was also increasing “substantially”.
Chief executive Stevie Spring said in today’s trading statement: “We expect the trading environment to remain challenging throughout 2011 but our progress online and in tablet and mobile development is pleasing.”
- #ftmedia12: FT content revenues could overtake advertising in 2012
- Future: Digital ads going from strength-to-strength
- Digital revenue helping magazine publisher Future get back on track
- Future websites attracting over 11m unique users per month
- NYT second-quarter operating profit more than twice 2009 figure