Another classic animation from Next Media Animation .tv, this one illustrating the Daily Telegraph’s sting operation on Liberal Democrat MP Vince Cable, who is currently the secretary of state for business innovation and skills in the UK’s Liberal Democrats/Conservatives coalition government.
Two undercover reporters from the Telegraph, posing as constituents, managed to record Cable stating in reference to Rupert Murdoch‘s attempted takeover of BSkyB: “I have declared war on Mr Murdoch and I think we are going to win.”
- Vince Cable on Telegraph recording: “I thought about resigning”
- Telegraph: Blocking Sky bid may jeopardise News Corp UK investment, warns James Murdoch
- Guardian: Telegraph journalists ‘provisionally cleared’ by leak investigation
- Telegraph: European Commission raises rights questions over News Corp Sky bid
- Murdoch humble, but saved the spectacle of being forced to eat pie…