The Associated Press is to move its hosted online video operation onto a platform provided by the News Distribution Network (NDN).
According to a report by Editor & Publisher NDN will be providing the 1,500 affiliates of AP’s Online Video Network with the newswire’s coverage as well as video content from news brands across more than a dozen categories.
By the time the upgrade is completed in the first quarter of 2011, affiliates that opt in will have the broadest offering of video news available anywhere.
- AP unveils tool to allow affiliates to upload news to its online video network
- Glam Media launches video service
- World Service director to Beet.TV: Video is ‘hugely important’ to BBC digital news
- Media release: PR Newswire launches tailored site for bloggers
- Opposition to BBC’s newspaper video-sharing plans grow (the links)