A curious strategy from German publishing group Axel Springer – the publisher is reportedly blocking access to the website of its tabloid Bild from iPad browsers so that users can only access the title by downloading a paid-for app.
- MorningStar.com: Readers will pay for online within five years, says Axel Springer exec
- Axel Springer launches new paid-for multimedia magazine
- WAN-IFRA: Ringier and Axel Springer join forces in eastern Europe
- Press v politicians: can tabloids still take on the over-mighty?
- Independent.co.uk: iPad may force page 3 girls to cover up