In September, a group of students from the University of British Columbia won an Emmy Award for their documentary on the dumping of electronic waste. The students were working in partnership with the PBS documentary series Frontline and now the university is at it again, joining forces with the Globe and Mail for an investigation into shrimp and food sustainability.
- Boston University and Boston Globe partner on Your Town hyperlocal sites
- NYMag.com: ‘Columbia J-School’s existential crisis’
- BBC takes Digital Emmy for Virtual Revolution
- Photojournalism student’s work captures attention of New Yorker visual editor
- Adam Westbrook: Northwestern University’s journalism students and the ‘Innocence Project’