On the Amazon Web Services site the statement says reports that a government inquiry had prompted it not to serve WikiLeaks any longer are inaccurate. It claimed instead that WikiLeaks had violated parts of its terms of service.
The BBC also reported this morning that the WikiLeaks website had been shut down by EveryDNS.net, the company providing it with its .org web address.
EveryDNS.net said it had terminated services because WikiLeaks.org had come under massive cyber attacks.
But WikiLeaks has already reappeared using a Swiss web address.
- #cablegate: WikiLeaks appeals for support amid sustained cyber attacks
- Twitter round-up: Twitter for sale and twittering for freedom
- Hilary Clinton’s net freedom speech: analysis from Index on Censorship
- The Media Blog: Mail falls for fake Steve Jobs tweet
- ReadWriteWeb: Google may hand over Caribbean journalists’ IP addresses