US TV network NBC is planning to integrate tweets from the top 20 Twitter accounts within its 10 markets, according to a report by lostremote.com.
‘The 20′ will be asked to discuss trending topics in their area and the discussions will be featured in on-air segments, the report adds.
There’s no word on how NBC will pick the top 20, other than follower counts. NBC says the list will likely evolve over time as new voices emerge.
“In the age of social media, ‘voice’ is democratizing, with fresh new perspectives about important issues facing local communities,” said Greg Scholl, president of NBC Local Integrated Media. “‘The 20′ will connect these relevant new voices with NBC’s local broadcast and online audiences to facilitate discussion and debate, and help shape local media coverage.”
‘The 20′ will be launched in New York, San Diego and DC this January, lostremote.com adds.
- BBC Editors Blog: BBC links up with Global Voices blog network
- Media release: New edition of McNae’s to launch at NCTJ seminar
- Media Release: Newspaper Society launches new audience measuring system
- The Next Web: Guardian to integrate with Facebook Connect
- Digital Strategy: Why Camden council is moving into hyperlocal websites