WikiLeaks has indicated that it is preparing a new release of documents seven times the size of the Iraq war logs release, equal to around 2,800,000 documents.
In posts made on its Twitter account the whistleblower made appeals for donations to help support it as it prepares the new release, adding “the coming months will see a new world, where global history is redefined.”
Last month WikiLeaks released almost 400,000 military documents in relation to the war in Iraq to media outlets across the world, in what WikiLeaks claimed to be the biggest leak of military documents so far.
- Imminent WikiLeaks Iraq cache ‘biggest leak ever’, report suggests
- AFP: New WikiLeaks release will ‘dwarf’ previous leak
- #media140 – El Pais writer Joseba Elola ‘witnessing history’ with WikiLeaks
- Economist.com: The Arab press’ reaction to WikiLeaks’ #cablegate release
- Wikileaks founder Julian Assange to speak in London tomorrow