The business, a joint venture between Metro and Associated & Northcliffe Mobile and TV, will be run as a publishing division targeting 18-45-year-old urban professionals, paidContent reports.
…the DMGT freesheet Metro today launched its own app business, and will put out the first fruit of this labor tomorrow, a special edition of “Super Yum Yum: Puzzle Adventures” for the Apple (NSDQ: AAPL) app store, on sale for 59 pence ($0.94), with more titles to come.
- paidContent: Apple drops Financial Times apps from store
- Online Journalism Scandinavia: Metro Sweden’s deal with Schibsted part of its ‘Freesheets 2.0′ strategy
- Radio 4′s Today programme on Metro’s 10th birthday
- Reuters: FT resisting Apple’s efforts to channel subs through App Store
- European publishers to hold meeting over Apple’s proposed subscriptions change