Print news publishers looking for ways to integrate location-based technology may be interested in this new strategy from the San Diego Union-Tribune: The paper is offering a free copy of its print edition to those who ‘check-in’ via their mobiles at the newspaper offices or Union-Tribune kiosks.
According to the Shaping the Future of the Newspaper blog, users can simply show their mobile phone to kiosk workers across the city to get their free paper.
- Brazilian newspaper to go online-only after 119 years in print
- NYTimes blog to be published in print
- voiceofsandiego.org: San Diego-Union editor launches non-profit investigative project
- Bangkok Post publishes Thailand’s first 3D newspaper
- #WANIndia2009: What’s hot and what’s not in the newspaper industry’s world?