Veteran sports journalist Peter Cooper has died, aged 77.
Cooper, who began his journalism career at the Morning Telegraph in 1949, spent more than 25 years at the Daily Mirror as a sports reporter, says the Star. The Mirror has posted its own report and tribute to Cooper at this link.
- WW1 veterans: Henry Allingham’s funeral draws national media; FHM’s tribute to its agony uncle Harry Patch
- Former Reuters sports editor Steve Parry dies
- Death of Daily Mirror reporter in Afghanistan blast was ‘unpreventable’, inquest hears
- INM signs £40m print deal in Northern Ireland
- Marketing magazine: Will Mirror newspapers be next to put up paywalls?