A radio journalist working in Somalia was fatally stabbed last week, according to the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ).
Abdullahi Omar Gedi, 25, was attacked after leaving work at Radio Daljir. The motivation for the killing is not yet clear, says the report.
- RSF: Lindhout and Brennan still captive in Somalia 12 months on
- The BBC’s Africa correspondent on the danger of being a journalist in Somalia
- CPJ: Journalists in Exile 2009 – special report
- Organ Grinder: Jeremy Dear: end casualisation in war reporting
- CPJ: 141 attacks on journalists and news facilities in Egypt since 30 Jan