The Dart Centre for Journalism and Trauma has received a grant which will enable it to offer training on reporting of mental health issues in the US, as well as providing long-term resources on its website.
According to a release on the organisation’s online blog, the grant was awarded by the Thomas Scattergood Foundation for Behavioural Health and will be used to run workshops in Philadelphia as well as connecting journalists with experts in the field.
Following the workshops the centre’s website will offer a range of resources including tip sheets, background briefing documents and expert interviews to improve the work of journalists covering mental health issues on a wider scale.
- CIJ creates new online tools for investigative journalists
- Former Mail and Telegraph health editor launches online magazine
- Shortlist announced for Mind Journalist of the Year 2010
- First screenshots of Times Health Club community site
- Put your questions to Skillset about training bursaries for freelancers