Google, online news organisations and media academics came together at the Frontline Club this week, for the latest panel debate ‘Google: Friend or foe for news publishers?’
After the discussion, we caught up with some of the speakers: Peter Barron, head of PR, Google UK and former editor of Newsnight; Matt Kelly, digital content director, Mirror Group Newspapers and Peter Kirwan, freelance journalist and Media Money columnist.
- Mirror.co.uk unveils new ‘cleaner’ look
- ‘Good for advertisers, bad for media companies’: Google has a sit-down with news publishers
- AOP: Mirror digital director Matt Kelly and the 800lb gorilla in the room
- Brand Republic: Mirror to merge print and online ad sales teams
- #wmf: The general news business is dead; RIP, says Mirror’s digital director