A new US-based digital magazine will feature the work of freelance journalists in mini-editions, produced and designed for mobile phones, reports the New York Times.
Subscribers to Nomad Editions, produced by a startup company of the same name, will receive a weekly edition focused on their area of interest and delivered via a mobile application. Each issue will take between 20 and 30 minutes to read. Writers will earn up to 30 per cent of revenue subscription from each edition with different shares for editors.
A niche, mobile, and freelance model? A new launch worth watching when it goes live in October.
- Guardian’s n0tice launches advertising platform
- #Outlook2010: There’s a business opportunity in e-readers, says NYTimes circulation VP
- PR Week: The London Weekly defends its launch issue
- MarketWatch.com: Page views for reporters don’t cover costs
- Mobile plans for London Evening Standard announced at Mobile World Congress