While many newspaper publishers see the iPad as a place for digital replicas of their print editions, the Times has joined forces with brand-strategy company Applied Works to create a series of interactive graphics for its iPad application.
The video below from Applied Works on Vimeo shows the range of interactives – from a World Cup planner to coverage of the the UK’s emergency budget earlier this year:
- Beet.tv: WaPo plans live video programmes for hundreds of reporters
- Bits Blog: Traffic patterns visualised at the New York Times
- Lost Remote: Q&A on Bloomberg TV’s new iPad app
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Creating engaging interactives
- #GEN2012: Interactive graphics case studies from the Guardian