The Daily Star has removed an article published on its website yesterday that claimed a videogame based on Raoul Moat was in development.
“[L]ast night gaming websites showed the cover of Grand Theft Auto Rothbury – a version of the XBox hit Grand Theft Auto,” the article, which is still available at time of writing as a Google Cache, said.
The Star told Journalism.co.uk that it had temporarily removed the article following complaints, which it was investigating.
- The wrong Morrissey: why the world needs picture editors (via @thewordmagazine)
- Journalistic issues raised by the Jared Diamond case
- NowGamer.com takes website to next level
- Daily Star admits making ‘no attempt to check the accuracy’ of story
- Inforrm: European court rules in favour of right not to disclose material revealing sources