A Toronto-based lawyer representing four journalists, who have filed complaints about police treatment during the weekend’s G20 summit in Toronto, has called for a full investigation into the allegations of police violence.
Freelance journalist for the Guardian Jesse Rosenfeld and Amy Miller, a journalist working at the summit’s Alternative Media Centre, spoke about their experiences earlier this week. Journalists Daniel McIsaac and Lisa Walter have also filed complaints according to the Sun’s report.
- Press freedom group surveys journalists’ treatment by G20 police
- #jpod in depth – ‘It just sent shockwaves through you’: journalists reflect on 9/11
- A social media documentary coming this spring
- Full Leveson inquiry statements from NUJ and Guardian
- FT editor criticises Fleet Street for ‘conspiracy of silence’ over phone hacking