Data: Guardian Datablog editor Simon Rogers gives a fantastic overview in this post of why proper interrogation of data is an opportunity for journalists and how open data can help local media. Tipster: Laura Oliver.
To submit a tip to Journalism.co.uk, use this link – we will pay a fiver for the best ones published.
- #followjourn – @smfrogers Simon Rogers/data journalist
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – try this tutorial on using Google Fusion Tables
- #jpod – Open data and journalism: How and why journalists should be digging for stories
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – using spreadsheets for data stories
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – data journalism ‘how to’