Professor Alfred Hermida reports on today’s conference at the Center for Journalism Ethics at UW-Madison’s School of Journalism and Mass Communication, which will look at changing media ethics in an online environment.
At the heart of the ‘New Journalism, New Ethics?’ conference is whether new forms of media require new standards. Or do established ethical principles still apply?
Ahead of the event, the Center has released a report – ‘Ethics for the new investigative newsroom’.
- BBC to close down Religion and Ethics messageboards
- IFJ: Palestinian media body to establish independent press council
- Non-profit investigative journalism centres around the world: a list
- Ethical questions raised by photojournalist’s child sacrifice story
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – ethical guidelines for journalists