The Daily Telegraph has successfully defended a libel action brought against it by tennis player Robert Dee, after it called him the “world’s worst tennis pro”.
[The judge] decided decided that, although the words were arguably defamatory “there can be no rational conclusion other than that the claim of justification must succeed” and, as a result, grant the defendant summary judgment.
- Press Gazette: Tennis player suing over ‘world’s worst’ claim
- #SinghBCA: BCA speaks – why the ‘time is right’ to drop libel case against Simon Singh
- #SinghBCA: British Chiropractic Association drops libel case against Simon Singh
- Brand Republic: Defamation charges against Wikipedia dropped
- High court ruling imposes new ‘threshold of seriousness’ for defamation