Not sure how long this has been a feature on the Economist’s website, but aggregating readers’ comments around different topic areas is an interesting way in to a story.
The cloud of terms show the most popular topics from across the site and can be viewed for one-week, two-week or a 30-day period:
Clicking on a term displays all reader comments from across the website relating to that subject, with a link to what article they were left on.
- Visualisation shows the topics New York Times journalists are writing about
- TechCrunch: New site for Hearst to semi-automate content
- Comments are gaining celebrity status
- South Africa’s Mail & Guardian newspaper unveils new all singing, all dancing website
- #jpod – How to engage a subscriber community: Lessons from the Times and Financial Times