Many newspaper-produced video stories are boring. The best stories have surprises sprinkled throughout the timeline, which helps keep the viewer engaged. This is mature storytelling that most newspaper video producers have failed to master.
Colin Mulvany offers some excellent advice on what newspaper publishers doing video can improve, including tips on storytelling, editing and the basics of subject matter.
- Star-Ledger wins three Emmy Awards for videojournalism
- Crikey.com.au: ‘Who reads a newspaper website the way they used to read a paper?’
- Guardian was wrong to buy Madeleine McCann keywords on Google
- Milwaukee Sentinel Journal shows off its video production
- Newspaper Innovation: History suggests Independent’s i may face rough seas