More details for the Great Paywall of Wapping have been released:
Then, the content will be available for a charge of £1 (one day access) or £2 (a week’s subscription) – across both sites.
Seven-day subscribers to the Times and Sunday Times in print will also be given digital access.
“This is just the start. The Times and The Sunday Times are the first of our four titles in the UK to move to this new approach. We will continue to develop our digital products and to invest and innovate for our customers,” said Rebekah Brooks, chief executive, News International, in a release.
BBC Radio 4 Today had Media Show host Steve Hewlett commenting on the plans (07:42). The audio is not yet up on its site but will be available at this link later this morning.
- Times and Sunday Times reach 79,000 digital subscribers
- Questions for Times editor James Harding on paywalling content
- Dominic Mohan named editor of the Sun
- MediaGuardian: Will Lewis ‘pushed out’ of Telegraph Media Group
- Guardian: Biography claims David Cameron texted Rebekah Brooks before she quit NI