Following Journalism.co.uk’s report in January that Sky News is installing Twitter application Tweetdeck on the computers of all its newsroom staff, Poynter has an update on the roll-out from executive producer Julian March:
March is so serious about its value that he is making social media literacy an objective on his digital media staff’s performance reviews. “I want to see social media become a part of the fabric of the day-to-day work,” he said.
- Sky News’ breaking news Twitter account integrated with news site
- BBC NEWS: Edinburgh Fringe organisers ask audience for Twitter reviews
- Smithj676: NYTimes and Twitter – an ethnography
- Howard Owens offers guide (and prize) for ‘non-wired’ journos
- Currybet.net. ‘How major publishers are using social media to drive traffic – Part Six’