Earlier this week Reuters’ global editor Greg Beitchman told an industry debate on the future of video that the agency wants to make more of its raw film footage available to clients.
Speaking to Beet.tv in the video below, Beitchman explains how Reuters used social media, particularly Twitter, to source raw video footage from Iran during its coverage of the post-election protests:
- Online video: Reuters wants to offer more raw video to clients
- NYTimes: ‘Bent’ rules for journalism in Iran coverage
- Frontline Club: Links for Iran election protest media coverage
- How Demotix’s contributors have covered Iran election protests
- Index on Censorship: Iran’s Green Movement will be reborn in ‘small media’