Missed last night’s BBC Four drama about American journalist Heather Brooke’s fight for the disclosure of MPs’ expenses?
Catch up here: BBC iPlayer at this link.
Jon Slattery praised the show on his blog, saying it showed how much the public owed freelance journalist Brooke, for expenses exposure.
Brooke told Journalism.co.uk she hoped the film would help people understand the importance of investigative journalism and the role they play in holding political leaders to account: “If we don’t want corruption then we each have some responsibility, if only to care about where our taxes are going.”
- Heather Brooke and Telegraph named in PSA Awards
- Small victory for Heather Brooke in ongoing fight for transparency
- #newsrw: Heather Brooke – ‘How do any journalists in the UK do their job?’
- NOTW’s reporting on Max Mosley was out of context and unethical, says undercover reporter
- MediaGuardian: British Press Awards results