Reader’s Digest UK has filed an administration proceeding in the UK, it has been announced by the company. As reported by the Guardian today, it follows the failure of a deal to settle its pension fund. RDA today announced:
RDA (Reader’s Digest Association) does not expect the UK administration to have a material impact on its financial performance as the UK business has been operating with negative free cash flow, and without the contemplated restructuring the corporation did not see a clear pathway to profitability in the UK over the next several years.
- Media Release: Reader’s Digest emerges from bankruptcy in US
- FT.com: Reader’s Digest looking to overhaul sites but won’t charge for online content
- Portfolio.com: The Reader’s Digest Index
- Former Birmingham Post editor launches West Midlands business news site
- PA Group appoints James Murdoch as non-executive director