We’ll be back with a fuller report on Buzz for journalists once we’ve played with it a bit more and had some of our questions answered by Google. In the meantime, here’s a small selection of the good and not-so good buzz around Google’s latest launch.
[You can follow Journalism.co.uk on Buzz here: http://www.google.com/profiles/journalism.co.uk]
On the positive side:
- Matthew Buckland has the code for embedding a buzz icon on your WordPress blog.
- Will Sullivan on Poynter Online with ‘What journalists need to know about Google Buzz’.
- Jeff Jarvis on its potential for the ‘hyperpersonal newsstream.’
And on the negative:
- BusinessInsider warns of some privacy concerns over automatic follows and contact sharing… (with an updated response from Google)
- As does Molly Wood on Cnet.
- Reddit.com says “hello spam” with the introduction of the vanity URL.