While rumours circulate about the future of the Sunday Times, the newspaper reports on another potential sale – the magazine division of the BBC:
Radio Times and Gardeners’ World magazine could soon have new owners. The BBC is considering the sale of its magazine division, which produces 50 titles, after being ordered to curb its money-making activities.
In response, the BBC said that “no decisions have been taken about any of our businesses”.
- Media Week: H Bauer and Bauer Media in joint bid for BBC magazines
- MediaGuardian: New Northcliffe Media chief to review regional newspaper division
- DutchNews.nl: RBI to grow online income by 50 per cent in three years
- Sunday Sport founder expected to relaunch paper
- Northcliffe Media selling Staffordshire titles