Jonathan Stray reviews 14 different iPhone news apps from various publications, including broadcasters, web-only and newspapers.
Not all apps get even the basics right. But a few are pushing the boundaries of what mobile news can be, with innovative new features such as info-graphic displays of hot stories, or integrated playlists for multimedia.
- BBC News launches ‘responsive’ site as 26% of hits come from mobile
- US newspaper apps adopt iCircular smartphone coupons
- Monday Note: Why paid news on mobile could work
- UK publishers dominate top grossing iPhone news apps list
- Readers can alert Telegraph to breaking stories with new version of iPhone app