The Sunday Mirror’s defence correspondent Rupert Hamer, who had worked for the title for 12 years, was killed in an explosion in Afghanistan on Saturday 9 January.
Photographer Phil Coburn, 43, who was working with Hamer, was also injured in the attack and is in a “serious but stable condition,” the Mirror reported.
- Death of Daily Mirror reporter in Afghanistan blast was ‘unpreventable’, inquest hears
- NCTJ pays tribute to former head of accreditation
- Dominic Mohan named editor of the Sun
- The Star: Veteran sports journalist Peter Cooper dies
- International journalists in Thailand spread word in the face of violence