Sky News’ ‘Twitter correspondent’, aka Ruth Barnett, is among those cited in a Financial Times article looking at the emerging ‘social media editor’ and ‘community manager’ roles at media organisations.
Ms Barnett sends pictures and eyewitness reports back to her colleagues, aware that it is often tricky to verify their authenticity.
“It’s a new role, a very diverse one and still evolving,” she says. “I’m very careful about what I say.”
Ruth Barnett will be talking at Journalism.co.uk’s news:rewired, Thursday 14 January 2010 (supported by the BBC College of Journalism and the Press Association; sponsored by AudioBoo). Tickets available at this link…
- Friday 9.30am GMT: ‘Twinterview’ with @RuthBarnett, Sky’s new Twitter correspondent
- MediaGuardian: Ruth Brownlee quits as AOP director
- Journalism.co.uk signs up Press Association as event partner
- Digital news editor @fieldproducer leaving Sky News
- Making data work for you: one week till media140′s dataconomy event