PolitiFact, the fact-checking website developed by US paper the St Petersburg Times and used during last year’s US presidential campaigns, will reportedly announce a major syndication deal with local newspapers.
The Pulitzer-prize winning site uses reporters and editors from the Times to fact-check statements made by senior politicians, lobbyists and interest groups in the US and rank the on a Truth-O-Meter. Barack Obama’s campaign promises are also being measured.
- Award-winning American political website launches ‘Obameter’
- PolitiFact wins National Press Foundation award
- HuffPost: Obama’s State of the Union address, now with real-time fact checking
- DNA09: Who made Obama President – More the candidate than the campaign?
- WashingtonPost.com: Howard Kurtz asks ‘does Obama need the press?’