There was a mixed reaction (as you might expect from a room full of newspaper editors) to Trinity Mirror Regionals’ editorial director Neil Benson’s suggestion yesterday that newspaper groups could make money from running ‘arm’s length PR agencies’.
Journalism.co.uk spoke to Benson at the Society of Editors conference to find out more about the scheme in Northumberland (in which he refers to Brian Aitken, editor of the Journal) and the potential for newspaper groups to work with local authorities:
Below he explains why newspapers running PR agencies in-house could work:
- #soe09: What are the revenue opportunities for newspapers – and what are the ‘donkeys’?
- #soe09: Following the Society of Editors conference 2009
- Scottish newspapers claw back advertising from council jobs site
- #soe10: Live coverage of the Society of Editors conference
- Sarah Hartley: Help investigate local authority news coverage