The Press Complaints Commission (PCC) does not need to come under statutory control, Baroness Peta Buscombe said in a speech to the annual Society of Editors conference tonight.
Read Journalism.co.uk’s full report or read her speech below:
- Buscombe continued: ‘We have a dysfunctional democracy’
- ‘Questions need answers’ from NotW, says PCC chair
- Solicitor Mark Lewis considering legal action against PCC
- PCC defends phone hacking report: ‘We can’t do things that the police can do’
- MeejaLaw: Outgoing PCC chair takes a swipe at the Guardian