Rupert Murdoch has said the schedule for introducing pay walls to newspaper website including the Sun, the Times and the New York Post is ‘slipping’.
According to this MediaGuardian report, the News Corp owner said he couldn’t promise to meet the original date of before June next year (the end of News Corp’s financial year).
Murdoch has also been talking with rival publishers, including the Telegraph in the UK, it is reported.
- News.com.au: Fairfax ‘open’ to paid content talks with its rival
- Politico: News Corp made second $1m donation to Republican group
- Telegraph: European Commission raises rights questions over News Corp Sky bid
- Reuters: Murdoch’s online operation to miss ambitious targets
- FT.com: ‘Web pact’ for Microsoft and News Corp?