Two weeks ago, John Mair raised the issue of mob action on this very blog in the wake of the Jan Moir episode, provoking criticism and further comment. Yesterday, he responded to some of the response, and picked up on subsequent national media analysis on Twitter’s impact on democracy.
Tonight the so-called ‘Twitter mob’ is getting yet more discussion space on the excellent BBC Radio 4 programme, Moral Maze, presented by Michael Buerk, and featuring, among others, Kenan Malik.
BBC Radio 4, 8pm (GMT): http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00nkcfk
- 12 hours worth of radio interview tips from @NewsLeader
- Will Lewis’ defence of Telegraph expenses coverage
- BBC World Service: Podcast: Citizen journalism – democracy or chaos?
- Goldacre and Drayson live debate at 7pm: Science reporting – is it good for you?
- BBC Radio 4: Sami al-Hajj on his return from Guantanamo