HuffPost’s ‘Game Changers’ feature is selecting 100 ‘innovators, visionaries, and leaders’ who are ‘harnessing the power of new media to reshape their fields and change the world’.
One of its picks is Charlie Tillinghast, president and publisher of MSNBC.com; HuffPo picked out this quote of his:
“There are no TV journalists anymore. There are videojournalists. When somebody from NBC News goes out in the field (…) they’re shooting a piece that will show up on ‘Nightly,’ on MSNBC cable, on MSNBC.com, on a mobile device. The point is it’s all about video and all the places that people can watch video.”
- BuzzMachine: ‘Cable companies, add Al Jazeera English NOW!’
- News channel’s cit-j footage of Oakland shooting goes viral
- lostremote: msnbc.com on linking to social media
- lostremote: Newspaper pulls viral ‘homeless voice’ clip from YouTube
- Tool of the week for journalists – Spool, an Instapaper for video