The race for the NUJ Journalist editorship has made for a lively week in the Journalism.co.uk forum, not least by candidate Mark Watts’ attack on the NUJ Left section of the union.
All eight contenders have been dutifully answering questions put to them by users. How would have they advised the Daily Mail’s Jan Moir? How will they attract new members? Is there a need for a print version at all? And why should we even care who edits The Journalist?
And now everyone is invited to participate in a open poll in which anyone can vote, anonymously, NUJ member or not. Unlike the real NUJ vote, the results will be decided on a first-past-the-post basis.
The debate will continue right up to the official closing date of November 6.
- Quiz the candidates: Ask the NUJ editor candidates a question
- Who’s behind Wikipedia: Virgil Griffith’s WikiScanner investigates
- Twitterers claim victory over loaded Daily Mail gypsy poll
- Daily Mail gypsy/NHS poll on The Now Show
- ComRes stats: Who’s to blame for misreported Lib Dem leap frog poll? ITV points finger at outside journalist